martes, 8 de junio de 2021

What is your favourite castle in England?

 


I love castles, learning about their history, enjoying the beautiful surroundings...

My favourite is Leeds Castle, not Leeds but in Kent. It was constructed in 1119 and  lies on two adjacent islands on the River Len. It's great to visit it your family or with students (see education programs and resources here).



This English Heritage page depicts the top 10 English castles recently chosen in Facebook: https://www.english-heritage.org.uk/visit/familydaysout/top-10-castles/


Simon Griggs:


I have fond memories as a schoolboy going to Leeds Castle. I was at a boarding school and we weren't allowed out very often so any trip was well received! 
These are photos of two other castles from near where I'm from: the first one is Orford Castle in Sufflok and the second one is Hedingham Castle in the north of Essex, both clear examples of Norman keeps.

Carmen Carbajo:
The castles and the stories behind them are a great way to get to know the place you visit.
From my point of view, the top 10 proposed English castles are amazing. I can´t decide on one.
I've never heard of David McCaulay, so I've been doing my research and have
discovered some interesting videos. I would like to share this one that talks about a 13th century Weslh castle.



Carmino Martínez recommends the series: Secrets of Great British Castles that you can watch in Youtube:



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

CLARKSON'S FARM

  I love Jeremy Clarkson's selfdeprecating humour, his wonderful accent. Also, specially the 2nd season, they way he feels about Brexit,...