lunes, 22 de febrero de 2021

Caribbean music

 


This is a documentary series that I came across. This is just a brief overview, However, I think it is definitely an interesting perspective. 

Twerking, the clothes women wear, the lyrics of songs are often considered sexist or degrading, yet from Jamaican women´s point of view Jamaican dance halls are where women rule. They choose what they wear, who they want to dance with. I think I am definitely getting over the hill as my young teammates often listen to Reggaeton which then is followed by my exasperated sighs and eye-rolling, yet this clip gave me a different insight. 


Shared by Petrina Moir

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

CLARKSON'S FARM

  I love Jeremy Clarkson's selfdeprecating humour, his wonderful accent. Also, specially the 2nd season, they way he feels about Brexit,...