lunes, 22 de febrero de 2021

Caribbean music

 

Hi all! I wanted to share a bit about popular Caribbean singers.

First of all, I love this song by Mavado, which has been stuck in my head since time immemorial: 



Mavado is a Jamaican dancehall musician. Years ago, he collaborated with famous rapper Nicki Minaj, who was born in Saint James, Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago: 



Another very very famous Caribbean singer and performer, fashion and makeup mogul is Robyn Rihanna Fenty, known by most as Rihanna or RiRi. She was born and raised in Barbados, and she goes there at least once every year, for the Crop Over Festival, or Carnival.


Last but not least, Koffee! She's a reggae musician, and the youngest and first woman ever to win a Grammy for Best Reggae Album. I love her song "Toast":



Every time I listen to any of these artists, my mind travels to sandy beaches, positivity and warm weather instantly, which is greatly appreciated in these, dare I say it, unprecedented (I'm sure you've all heard this adjective many times at this point) times!



Shared by Cristina Sánchez



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

CLARKSON'S FARM

  I love Jeremy Clarkson's selfdeprecating humour, his wonderful accent. Also, specially the 2nd season, they way he feels about Brexit,...