lunes, 22 de febrero de 2021

Virginia Woolf

 anonwoolf.jpg

Shared by Remedios Gómez

Last 25th January, Virginia Woolf's birth date was celebrated around the world, above all amongst literature lovers. 

She was an English writer considered one of the foremost modernists of the 20th Century and a pioneer in the use of stream of consciousness as a narrative device. I studied and read her pieces of writing during my degree studies and I fell in love with her!!!

I've always included her birthday as a teaching unit for my students, no matter their level. Two weeks ago, that same day, my Bachillerato students learnt about her (they had never heard of this wonderful writer). 

These are some of her most famous quotes:

a-self-that-goes-on-changing-virginia-woolf-daily-quotes-sayings-pictures.jpgvirginia-woolf-feminist-quote-prints.jpg


In this video, you can learn about her life in a different way (sorry, but TikTakDraw is in Spanish).

My students particularly love this Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rETE0IGDqEE

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

CLARKSON'S FARM

  I love Jeremy Clarkson's selfdeprecating humour, his wonderful accent. Also, specially the 2nd season, they way he feels about Brexit,...